VBA SaveAs Workbook is to Save changes to the workbook. And save workbook as a different Workbook file using SaveAs method of Workbook object. Workbook is a part of workbooks collection.
Here is the following syntax to SaveAs Workbook.
expression.SaveAs([FileName], [FileFormat], [Password], [WriteResPassword], _ [ReadOnlyRecommended], [CreateBackup], [AccessMode As XlSaveAsAccessMode = xlNoChange], _ [ConflictResolution], [AddToMru], [TextCodepage], [TextVisualLayout], [Local])
Where expression is a required parameter. It represents Workbook object which is part of workbooks collection.
All other parameters are optional parameters.
Let us see the following example. It Saves workbook as a different Workbook file.
'VBA SaveAs Workbook in Excel Sub VBA_SaveAs_Workbook() 'Variable declaration Dim oWorkbook As Object 'Create new workbook Set oWorkbook = Workbooks.Add 'Save Workbook as different Workbook file ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="D:\VBAF1\New_File.xlsx" End Sub
Here are the instructions to use above macro procedure in Visual basic editor.
- SaveAs Visual Basic Editor(VBE) by clicking Alt +F11
- Go to code window by clicking F7
- Copy above specified macro or procedure
- Paste above copied code in code window
- Run macro by clicking F5 or Run command
- You can see output on the screen
- Find above output screenshot of the specified procedure.
You may also like the related Workbook Object articles.