VBA List all Open Workbooks in Excel. It helps to know all open workbooks name. It is easy to handle and shift between workbooks. We have an option to open multiple workbooks in MS Office Excel. Let us see in the following tutorial how to list open Workbooks in Excel VBA.
Here is the following syntax to List all Open Workbooks in Excel VBA.
For Each Workbook in Application.Workbooks Statements... Next
Where Workbook: It represents Workbook object which is part of workbooks collection.
Let us see the following example macro to List all Open Workbooks in Excel VBA
'VBA List Open Workbooks in Excel Sub VBA_List_All_Open_Workbooks() 'Variable declaration Dim xWorkbook As Workbook Dim sWorkbookName As String Dim iCount As Integer 'Intialise value to a variable iCount = 2 Sheets("WB_Names").Range("A1") = "Names of Available Workbooks" 'Loop through all workbooks For Each xWorkbook In Application.Workbooks Sheets("WB_Names").Range("A" & iCount) = xWorkbook.Name & vbCrLf 'Increase value iCount = iCount + 1 Next End Sub
Here are the instructions to use above macro procedure in Visual basic editor.
- Save Visual Basic Editor(VBE) by clicking Alt +F11
- Go to code window by clicking F7
- Copy above specified macro or procedure
- Paste above copied code in code window
- Run macro by clicking F5 or Run command
- You can see output on the screen
- Find above output screenshot of the specified procedure.
You may also like the related Workbook Object articles.