Create Workbook with Name in Excel VBA. Where Workbook represents an object. It is part of workbooks collection. Add is a method to create new workbook in Excel VBA. When we create new workbook default name of workbook is Book1, Book2, … BookN. Where N represents the next available number.
Here is the following syntax to create new Workbook.
Here is the following example Macro to Create New Workbook with Name in Excel VBA.
'VBA Create New Workbook with Name in Excel Sub VBA_Create_New_Workbook_With_Name() 'Create New Workbook Workbooks.Add 'Save Above Created New Workbook ActiveWorkbbok.SaveAs Filename:="D:\VBAF1\Test.xlsx" End Sub
Let us see the following example Macro to Create New Workbook with Name and assigned to an object in Excel VBA.
'VBA Create New Workbook with Name in Excel Sub VBA_Create_New_Workbook_With_Name_Ex2() 'Variable declaration Dim sWorkbook As Workbook 'Create New Workbook Set sWorkbook = Workbooks.Add 'Save Above Created New Workbook sWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="D:\VBAF1\Test.xlsx" End Sub
Here are the instructions to use above macro procedure in Visual basic editor.
- Open Visual Basic Editor(VBE) by clicking Alt +F11
- Go to code window by clicking F7
- Copy above specified macro or procedure
- Paste above copied code in code window
- Run macro by clicking F5 or Run command
- You can see output on the screen
- Find above output screenshot of the specified procedure.
You may also like the related Workbook Object articles.