Calculate Quarters Between two Dates in Excel VBA using VBA formulas. We use DateDiff VBA Function to determine the number of Quarters between two dates. In order to calculate number of Quarters between two dates we need start date and end date. It returns an integer value as a result.
Let us see the macro to count number of quarters Difference Between two Dates in Excel VBA.
'Calculate Quarters Between two Dates in Excel VBA Sub VBA_Calculate_Quarters_Between_Two_Dates() 'Variable declaration Dim sDate As Date, eDate As Date Dim iValue As Integer 'Start Date sDate = "10-Jan-2020" 'End Date eDate = "10-Jul-2020" iValue = DateDiff("q", sDate, eDate) 'Display output on the screen MsgBox "The number of quarters between two dates : " & iValue, vbInformation, "Quarters Between Two Dates" End Sub
Here is the output screen shot of above macro.
Here are the instructions to use above macro in Visual basic editor.
- Open Visual Basic Editor(VBE) by clicking Alt +F11
- Go to code window by clicking F7
- Copy above specified macro or procedure
- Paste above copied code in code window
- Run macro by clicking F5 or Run command
- You can see output on the screen
- Find above specified output screenshot.
We have used Date and DateDiff VBA functions. Click on below specified links to learn more about VBA functions.